It is with great pleasure that we once again welcome Professor Raúl Rodrigues, Doctor in Agricultural Sciences (Entomology) and Master in Horticulture, Fruit growing and Viticulture.
Let’s learn from his wisdom on what to do to have healthy and therefore productive fruit trees for many years to come. The program includes the importance of recovering regional varieties of fruit trees, the general principles of pruning and driving fruit trees, and dormant bud grafting.
• Training price: 45 euros per person
• Minimum of participants: 20
• Lunch and snacks included
• Material required: comfortable clothing suitable for this time of year, pruning shears and a razor for grafting.
• Training language: Portuguese
• All measures decreed by the DGS will be complied with with respect to the Covid-19 plan.
9:00 – 9:15 – Reception of participants
9:15 – 9:45 – Presentation of the book “Enxertia de Árvores de Fruta” by author Raúl Rodrigues
9:45 – 10:30 – Theoretical foundations of dormant bud grafting
10:30 – 10:45 – Coffee break
10:45 – 12:30 – Practical session for collecting material and carrying out the various types of dormant bud grafting
12:30 – 14:00 – Lunch
14:00 – 17:00 – Interventions on fruit trees.
Registration completed by payment to: COOPERATIVE USUARIOS FREIXO MEIO CRL, IBAN: PT50 0033 0000 45520887792 05, and proof of payment sent to: Conhecimento@herdadedofreixodomeio.pt (indicating if you want an invoice with a taxpayer number).
It is only possible to cancel the registration with the right to refund the full amount up to 7 days before the event.